Friday, February 26, 2010

Weekend Reminders, Friday, Feb. 26, 2010

Today, we covered definitions and review for the week. If you were in class you got a lot of good information!

Some reminders for the weekend and into next week:

Make-Up Assignments:

Go to the syllabus to check out the instructions, they are labeled under replacement assignments.

  1. Wikipedia
  2. Gapminder
Group Project

Instructions for begining this process are on the Project Blog at:


First part of your project is due on Monday. You should be in contact with your TA about this if you have not already received instructions for what you are suppose to do. Please contact Brandon at brandonbrooks1@gmail.com if you are having issues.

5 comments:

  1. Can we do a make-up assignment even if we haven't missed any of the assignments? I have completed all of the in-class assignments but I would still like the extra points to help my grade but I don't want to complete the assignment if I'm not going to receive credit for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many in-class assignments have there been? I counted three:

    C. Rock In-Class Assignment (10 pts.)
    Touchgraph Questions (10 pts.)
    Higher.Ed and Inequality (25 pts.)

    - for a total of 45 points.

    I'm not even sure what the C. Rock... is, but since I missed that one - if I do both make-ups really well and earned the combined 30 points, I essentially have "extra credit" (barring I complete all the other "small stuff?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the blog post about the Wikipedia assignment, it says that these points will act as extra credit in the small stuff category, which leads me to believe it is extra credit, not just replacing only points you miss. However, in the syllabus it only says they can be used to replace points you've missed. So all in all, I think it's unclear, but one would think (and hope) that they can count for extra credit as well as replacing points...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was wondering if anyone could please explain to me what exactly we have to do for the Gapminder extra credit.. also when it is due.
    -Thanks

    ReplyDelete